We are celebrating the breadth of the University’s excellent Life Science research and establishment of HiLIFE with a full week of events at the Campuses. The week culminates in the Grand Opening with Mayor Jan Vapaavuori and Rector Jukka Kola on Friday 3 November.
HiLIFE Helsinki Institute of Life Science is a new joint institute established in 2017 that supports high quality life science research across the University of Helsinki campuses and faculties. HiLIFE builds on existing strengths and new recruits and partnerships to create an attractive international environment for researchers to solve grand challenges in health, food, and environment.
HiLIFE GRAND OPENING
Friday November 3, 2017 at 3 pm
University of Helsinki Great Hall (Unioninkatu 34)
Celebrations continue at Think Corner at 5 pm (Yliopistonkatu 4)
• Opening words, Mayor Jan Vapaavuori and Rector Jukka Kola
• Keynote speakers
- Rector Ole Petter Ottersen: Universities must train a new breed of leaders
- Professor Mary M Power: Science, society, and species interactions
- Professor Fiona Watt: Stem Cell Revolution
• Panel discussion with the speakers and Director Tomi Mäkelä on How to combine research excellence and impact?
Our bright hosts of the afternoon are ERC awarded researchers Anna-Liisa Laine and Vince Cerullo!
Friday November 3, 2017 at 5 pm
Think Corner at 5 pm (Yliopistonkatu 4)
Welcome toast by Vice-Rector Jouko Väänänen
Olli Hartonen band
Mix and mingle with good company, snacks and music -and surprise program!
Check out the new Think Corner!