Tuesday October 31, 2017 at 10 am - 12 noon
Terkko Health Hub (Haartmaninkatu 4)
The HiLIFE Goes Business event highlights the HiLIFE Innovation and Partnership program during HiLIFE's opening week. HiLIFE's ongoing partnerships span the life sciences and include large multi-corporate longe-term ventures as well as many project-specific collaborations with companies, startups, and foundations. i
In 2017 HiLIFE has started new activities including HiPOC Proof-of-Concept grants and the HiSTAKES platform, where participating University of Helsinki life science units co-create ideas for increasing engagement opportunities in innovative projects. The first outcome is SLUSH Y SCIENCE as a new vertical in SLUSH and taking place December 1, 2017.
Welcome to the HiLIFE Goes Business event with a few presentations from our partners and a lively discussion on how to support great ideas together!
Marc Baumann, Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki
Pia Runeberg-Roos, HiLIFE Innovations and Corporate Collaborations.
10:00 - 10:05 Opening words, Tomi Mäkelä, HiLIFE
10:05 – 11:00 HiLIFE HiSTAKES - Life between Science and Innovation
• Marja Leskinen, Jane and Aatos Erkko Foundation: "Erkko Foundation - supporting research"
• Matti Vänskä, Nokia Technologies: "What are the strengths of Finland to develop digital healthcare?"
• Lauri Paasonen, UPM Biochemicals: "Bioeconomy meets cancer research"
• Petri Lehto, MSD Finland, "Partnering for developing personalized healthcare"
• Tero Oinonen, University of Helsinki: "Matching university research and companies"
11:00 – 12:00 Helsinki Innovation Services (HIS) – commercializing University of Helsinki innovations
• Jari Strandman, Helsinki Innovation Services: "University of Helsinki innovation and commercialization policy"
• Milla Koistinaho, Helsinki Innovation Services: "UH/HIS pipeline of commercialization projects"
• Anton Nolvi, Nanojet "3D (bio-)imaging in nanometer scale"
• Sami Svanbäck, SPA "Drug solubility testing"
• Kristiina Wähälä, SHIBNESS "Inhibitors for Diabetes"