HIS Innovation Clinic
HIS Innovation Clinic is our "First-Aid" service for researchers who aim to commercialise their research results and scientific discoveries. This service is organized on every first Wednesday of each month and it is freely accessible to all University of Helsinki employees.
Discuss and mature your idea with us
HIS regularly organizes HIS INNOVATION CLINICS which serve as easy to access consultancy service for University of Helsinki employees.
It does not matter if you are new to research commercialisation, or if you are already more experienced and you have a very concrete idea in mind how to bring your research results into use.
- Help you to identify research ideas with commercial potential.
- Inform you about the commercialisation process at UH.
- Help you to fill an idea or invention disclosure.
- Give advice on how you can monetize and share your research reagents and tools with the global scientific community (e.g., via Ximbio).
- Provide information about intellectual property protection.
- Assist you in securing commercialisation funding (e.g., Business Finland Research to Business funding) for your idea.
- Support you in business development and the creation of your own spinout company.
Bookings and eligibility requirements
You can book your confidential meeting (max. 30 min) slot by sending an email to our HIS advisors, Eveliina (email@example.com) and Andrea (firstname.lastname@example.org). Meetings can be organized either via MS TEAMS or ZOOM.
This service is freely accessible to all University of Helsinki employees, including,
- members of teaching and research,
- members of specialist and support staff,
- members of staff, as well as
- students who are involved in an idea or invention that also includes at least one member of university staff listed in point 1 to 3.
NOTE! Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, HIS Innovation Clinics are currently organized only online until further notice on every first Wednesday of the month!
FIND the latest advertisments of upcoming HIS Innovation Clinics on HIS Twitter, HIS LinkedIn and Flamma news!