HiDATA does not have a pre-defined research agenda, but the research challenges emerge bottom-up from this multi-disciplinary network. Helsinki Institute for Information Technology facilitates interaction between the AI and Data Science communities in Helsinki.
HiDATA facilitates the creation of bottom-up multidiscplinary research spearheads addressing crucial societal and industrial challenges.
One spearhead is Planet-scale environmental monitoring MegaSense.
As part of the profiling action of University of Helsinki, eight new tenure track positions have been founded to support HiDATA.
- Data-Intensive Computing in Natural Sciences
- Parallel and Distributed Data Science
- Spatiotemporal Data Analysis for Sustainability Science
- Computer Science and Atmospheric Sciences. Currently open positions (deadline 28 February 2018)
- Data Science - Machine Learning and AI
- Data Science - Knowledge discovery in big data - example domains include atmospheric applications and other areas of Data Science
- Data Science - special emphasis on software engineering research
- Privacy-aware and secure data science