The largest campus of natural sciences in the Nordic countries provides a diverse and extensive range of research equipment as well as competent staff. Housing a company or its R&D unit in university facilities is an excellent way to boost cooperation between the university and businesses. For start-ups, Kumpula Business Labs offers a business environment with lower capital requirements.
Kumpula Business Labs is much more than a facility solution. It offers businesses:
- Laboratory and office facilities for lease from the Department of Chemistry, as well as meeting facilities and additional spaces for an hourly fee
- Research equipment for lease and measuring services for an hourly fee determined on a case-by-case basis
- Workshop services for an hourly fee determined on a case-by-case basis
- Use of the campus library
- Expert consultation
- Research cooperation – Business Finland, the EU or directly funded projects
- Workforce recruitment – students, master’s graduates, doctoral graduates
For further information, please get in touch with Professor Mikko Ritala, your contact for Kumpula Business Labs.
“Close and long-term collaboration on shared premises has established excellent conditions for us for advancing ALD chemistry. This provides a solid basis for creating further innovations for the semiconductor industry in the middle of continually intensifying competition.”
ASM Microchemistry Oy, Managing Director Marko Tuominen
ASM Microchemistry has been operating in the facilities and as a partner of the Department of Chemistry since 2004.