The University of Helsinki has four doctoral schools comprising several doctoral programmes. The fields of the doctoral schools do not follow the faculty or campus structure, but are based on collaboration in research and doctoral education.
Doctoral students at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine may belong to one of the following six doctoral programmes:
- Doctoral Programme in Food Chain and Health (FoodHealth)
- Doctoral Programme in Microbiology and Biotechnology (MBDP)
Doctoral School in Health Sciences (DSHealth)
- Doctoral Programme in Clinical Veterinary Medicine (CVM)
- Doctoral Programme in Integrative Life Science (ILS)
- Doctoral Programme in Drug Research (DPDR)
- Doctoral Programme Brain & Mind (B&M)
The Doctoral Programme in Clinical Veterinary Medicine (CVM) is coordinated by the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.