Joint Projects of the Young Researchers
The Drug Research Program of the Faculty of Pharmacy allocates research funding to the joint projects of young researchers. The funding is intended to increase collaboration between researchers working in different research groups and departments. The funded Joint Projects 2019 are:
• Saara Lautala, Riccardo Provenzani and Ilari Tarvainen, Exploring Protein Kinase C Modulators with Interdisciplinary Methods
• Samuel Kohtala and Jaakko Teppo, Adaptations of the synaptic proteome in response to ketamine and psilocybin
• Flavia Fontana and Manlio Fusciello, Membrane-cloaked Virus as Cancer Vaccine
• Jukka Saarinen, Tiina Lipiäinen and Juha-Pekka Hieta, Insights into chemoresistance
• Tatu Lajunen and Riina Harjumäki, Nanoparticles on Artificial Organs
• Otto Kari and Petteri Parkkila, Unraveling nanoscale surface recognition mechanisms with “optic-omics” modelling of the biocorona
Young Researcher's Award
The Faculty of Pharmacy awards annually 10 000 € to a promising young researcher of the faculty. The winner of the Young Researcher’s Award 2018 was PhD (Pharm) Virpi Talman.
The winner of the Young Researcher’s Award 2019 will be announced in the fall.