Certificates and studying after graduation

Completing a degree ends with graduation. However, studying and learning can continue even after that.
Degree certificates and copies of degree certificates

The Obtaining subject teacher qualifications after graduation page on the Instructions for students -website contains instructions for applying for an equivalency certificate. The equivalency certificate is subject to a fee.

The Faculty issues fee-only copies of your degree certificate upon request. For more information, go to Instructions for Students, Copies and translations of the degree certificate.

You can order an official transcript of studies from the Student Services of the University of Helsinki.

If you completed the second-cycle degree of filosofian kandidaatti before 1994, you may apply for the title of a Master of Arts from the Faculty of Arts using a form designed for this purpose (in Finnish).

Studying after graduation

Studying and learning need not end with graduation; you may complete additional studies at the Open University, as continuing education at the University of Helsinki Centre for Continuing Education, or as non-degree studies. The completion of studies requires a valid right to study.

The right to complete non-degree studies at the Faculty is meant for Master’s or Bachelor’s degree holders interested in completing specific courses. If equivalent studies can be completed at the open university, the right to non-degree studies will not be granted.