Here you can find practical information about the seminar.
Are you a young scientist starting your PhD?
Come and meet the top researchers in the field and get some valuable ideas for your project!
Are you finishing your PhD?
Come and present your results! We are always interested in hearing the latest results from the field! The seminar is also a great place to meet and get to know to the influential people in science as well as in the industry.
Are you an experienced researcher?
Come and hear the latest results from the field and get new insights into your own research!
Are you working in the clinic?
Come and hear what the latest findings in gastroenterological science say and find new ideas for working in the clinic!
We are certain that we can offer you a memorable and
an interesting week regardless of your scientific background!
- September 30 Early Bird registration ends
- November 15 Abstract submission ends
- November 30 Registration for the seminar closes
- January 27 - 31 Nutrition Winter School 2020
The seminar will be held at Levi Hotel Spa. Levi Hotel Spa is a modern hotel and congress centre combining full facilities mixed with local flavour. The hotel is located right next to the Levi slopes and ski tracks. Check out the Levi Hotel Spa website for more information!
Levi is the biggest ski resort in Finland and it offers a wide range of activities for you to enjoy. After interesting scientific talks, you can clear your head by hitting the slopes or relax with a quiet cross-country ski trip in the Arctic forest. The Levi area has over 200 kilometers of ski and snowshoe tracks so you'll surely find plenty of nature to discover. Snowmobile and husky dog safaris are also possible. Levi website has more information about all the activities in the area.
You can reach Levi by plane with direct flights from Helsinki (HEL) to Kittilä (KTT) airport. Check out the websites of Norwegian and Finnair for updated information about the prices and book your flights!
The Levi ski resort is located only 10 kilometers from the Kittilä airport and there is a direct bus connection to the seminar venue, Levi Hotel Spa.
- Language – The official language of Nutrition Winter School is English.
- Currency – The official currency of Finland is Euro (€).
- Climate – In January, the average temperature at Levi is -14°C so be sure to bring warm clothes with you!
- Electricity – The voltage in Finland is 230 V, 50 Hz. The sockets use two-round pin system (Type F).
- Visa – Entry formalities to Finland depend on your country of origin. Finland is a part of the European Union and the Schengen area. Check your local travel agency or consulate for information about entering Finland.