Welcome message from the organisers
Dear Participant in the NCFM-NAFT 2018 Conference,
This joint event comprises the 20th Nordic Conference on Forensic Medicine (NCFM) and the 4th Annual Meeting of the Nordic Association of Forensic Toxicologists (NAFT). The conference will present the latest developments in forensic medicine, toxicology, genetics, odontology and related disciplines.
The theme of the conference, "Getting ready for new challenges in the society", represents new thinking within forensic medicine. In the rapidly changing society, the role of highly educated forensic experts is increasingly important. The experts are needed for the investigation of the consequences of terrorism and the refugee matter as well as for the everyday casework on cause of death and crime.
A challenge within forensic medicine is the continuity and progress of research and education while occupied university posts are decreasing in number. Consequently, the present conference strives to promote networking of professionals from the academia, national institutions, private sector and vendors, in order to make innovations possible together. Numerous lectures, posters and workshops encourage sharing new research results, but the enjoyable social programme is equally important for mutual contacts.
We are happy to host this Joint Conference in the lively city of Helsinki with more than two hundred participants from all the Nordic Countries, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, as well as from other countries. In addition, we have eleven exhibitors/sponsors supporting our conference with their products and know-how.
We wish you a very positive conference,
Antti Sajantila, professor
President of NCFM Meeting
Ilkka Ojanperä, professor
President of NAFT Meeting
About the 2018 Joint NCFM-NAFT conference
This joint event comprises the 20th Nordic Conference on Forensic Medicine (NCFM) and the 4th Annual Meeting of the Nordic Association of Forensic Toxicologists (NAFT). The conference will present the latest developments in forensic medicine, toxicology, odontology, genetics and related disciplines.
The Organisation Committee looks forward to seeing you in Helsinki.
- Antti Sajantila, Helsinki, President of NCFM meeting
- Ilkka Ojanperä, Helsinki, President of NAFT meeting
- Teemu Gunnar, Helsinki
- Riitta Kauppila, Helsinki
- Pirkko Kriikku, Helsinki
- Jukka Palo, Helsinki
- Ilpo Rasanen, Helsinki
- Paula Vauhkonen, Helsinki
SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY BOARD
- Professor Antti Sajantila, Finland
- Professor Ilkka Ojanperä, Finland
- Professor Philippe Lunetta, Finland
- Professor emerita Helena Ranta, Finland
- Professor Jytte Banner, Denmark
- Professor Hans Petter Hougen, Denmark
- Professor Mogens Johannsen, Denmark
- Professor Kristian Linnet, Denmark
- Professor Niels Lynnerup, Denmark
- Professor emeritus Jakob Kristinsson, Iceland
- Professor Inge Morid, Norway
- Dr Vigdis Vindenes, Norway
- Professor Henrik Druid, Sweden
- Professor Anders Eriksson, Sweden
- Adj. Professor Robert Kronstrand, Sweden
- Professor Ingemar Thiblin, Sweden
The Conference will take place at the Porthania Building, a university facility located at the city centre campus in the centre of Helsinki. Designed by Aarne Ervi and completed in 1957, it is one of the notable modernist buildings from the 1950s. Two large auditoriums have been reserved for the conference lectures and workshops, while the basement floor hall is reserved for the posters and exhibition.