The Alumni Association's events and programs for the autumn of 2019.
The rector of the University of Helsinki has the pleasure of inviting the students, staff and friends of the University of Helsinki to the opening ceremony of the academic year 2019–2020 at 12.15 on Monday, 2 September at the Old Student House. There are 150 seats reserved for alumni in the left section of the hall.
The programme of the ceremony includes an opening address by Rector Jari Niemelä as well as speeches by the staff and the Student Union, presented by Tommi Kokkonen, chair of the board of the Helsinki University Researchers’ and Teachers’ Association, and Laura Wathén, chair of the board of the Student Union of the University of Helsinki.
The opening ceremony will be followed by an ecumenical service in the Old Church (Lönnrotinkatu 6) and a non-denominational ceremony in the Rake Ball Room (Bulevardi 2). After the ecumenical service and non-denominational ceremony, refreshments will be served at the Old Student House.
The opening ceremony will be streamed live: https://www.helsinki.fi/fi/unitube/video/21184
Mon 2.9.2019, 12.15, the Old Student House, Mannerheimintie 3
The theme of this year’s business and leadership seminar is Growth.
At the Alumni Association’s independently organized live stream event, you can follow the presentations live together with other alumni and students. The main speakers among others are the co-founder of Apple Steve Wozniak and the Academy-award winner, director-producer, entrepreneur and a UN messenger of peace George Clooney.
The event has a limited amount of seats. Participating requires signing up beforehand.
Alumni Ambassador Lunch
During the event, an optional lunch has been arranged on Thursday. Lunch tickets are priced at 40€. Half of the lunch ticket price is used to support the Alumni Ambassador program, which supports current or recent students finding employment. Last year the lunch event raised 260 euros for the program. Lunch tickets should be bought in advance from the Alumni Webshop.
- 12:00 Costas Markides – Innovation as a Springboard to Success
- 12:45 Speaker Contest Winner
- 13:05 Juliet Funt – The Strategic Pause
- 14:40 Alex Osterwalder (NBF all stars) – The Invincible Company: Closing the Innovation Culture Gap
- 15:45 TBA
- 17:25 Daniel Pink – The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing
- 18:15 Steve Wozniak – A Conversation on Creativity, Innovation and Technology
- 10:00 Sara Blakely – How to find your idea for growth?
- 10:55 Carla Harris – Strategize to Win
- 13:25 Donald Miller – How the Power of Story Can Grow Your Business
- 14:15 Randi Zuckerberg – Dot Complicated: What I Learned on the Front Lines of Social Media
- 16:00 Brené Brown – Daring Leadership: The Four Pillars of Courage
- 16:50 George Clooney – A conversation on storytelling, branding and legacy
The event is held in English.
Wed-Thu 9.10.-10.10.2019, Think Corner, Yliopistonkatu 4