The University of Helsinki´s alumni relations program encourages reciprocal, lifelong relationships between the University and its alumni community worldwide. We have a local clubs in Beijing, Berlin and Kouvola and are interested in other locations. Let us know it you want to be engaged.
Local Alumni Clubs
EU Alumni Club
Meeting and cocktails
Welcome to take part in your Alma Maters alumni event on September 26th 2017 at 17:00-21:00. You will have the opportunity to network and mingle with fellow alumni. The event will be held at Bibliotheque Solvay, Rue Belliard 137, Brussels.
17:10 Opening greeting by Rector of the University of Helsinki Jukka Kola
17:20 Alumni short stories
17:40 Speed networking
18:00-18:30 Founding of the University of Helsinki EU Alumni Club
Followed by Impact Camp Reception - organized by Helsinki Challenge (Main Hall, upstairs)
18:30 Sparkling wine, buffet and networking
18:50 New ways of impact – innovation as the only way to sustainable growth, Mark Ferguson, Member of EU High level group on Maximising the Impact of EU Research and Innovation Programmes/ Director General, Science Foundation Ireland.
At the reception you will hear what Helsinki Challenge is, see how scientists and researchers pitch about their solutions to global challenges and meet researchers, alumni and university stakeholders.
The EU Alumni Club, based in Brussels, aims to bring together the alumni of the University of Helsinki who live and work in the greater Brussels area. All alumni can join the club.
The club organizes academic and non-formal programs, to share current information about the University of Helsinki as well as carry out other self-imposed targets. The aim is to organize intellectually stimulating and invigorating activities twice a year.
Helsingfors universitets lokala alumnklubb i Sverige – Sweden Alumni Club – arrangerar en mingellunch för 100 personer i samband med stadsfestivalen STHLM/SUOMI i Kungsträdgården 24-26.8.2017.
- Vi samlas på Nordeas huvudkontor intill Kungsträdgården för mingellunch torsdagen 24.8.2017 kl. 12.00-13.45, Mäster Samuelsgatan 17, Stockholm.
- Värdar för mötet är rektor vid Helsingfors universitet Jukka Kola samt verksamhetsledare för finsk-svenska kulturcentret Gunvor Kronman. Vi har även bjudit in forskare, utredningsansvarig vid Tankesmedjan Magma Kaisa Kepsu att hålla ett kort föredrag om varför finländare och finlandssvenskar väljer att flytta till Sverige. Kepsu svarar gärna på frågor!
- Klockan 13.00 arrangerar vi en Speednetworking som ger dig 6 nya kontakter på 20 minuter. Ta med dig visitkort!
- Klockan 13.30-13.45 håller vi ett möte där vi grundar Sweden Alumni Club och utser en styrelse på 4-8 personer som har som uppgift att under de kommande två åren jobba för ett nätverk för finlandssvenskar och finländare i Sverige. Anmäl ditt intresse för styrelseuppdrag i samband med anmälan till lunchen.
Efter mötet går vi tillsammans till öppningsceremonin för STHLM/SUOMI i Kungsträdgården som inleds kl 14.00.
Klockan 15.30 är det möjligt att ta del av en paneldebatt om Östersjöns framtid arrangerad av Helsingfors universitet och Stockholms universitet där bl.a. HU forskare Alf Norkko medverkar.
Vad gör lokalklubben?
Klubben arrangerar tre evenemang årligen; ett mera vetenskapligt, ett näringslivsorienterat och ett tredje för social samvaro. För alumnklubben i Sverige har följande teman framförts:
- Att jobba för en bättre kännedom om det akademiska Finland och om studiemöjligheter i Finland på svenska. Kunskapen om Finland är generellt rätt låg i Sverige.
- Flera finländare och 7% av finlandssvenskarna har flyttat till Stockholm. Klubben kan stärka kontakterna mellan dessa inflyttare.
- Flera forskare från Helsingfors universitet är verksamma i Stockholm och delar gärna med sig av sina forskningsresultat inom juridik, biologi, historia, sociologi mm. till intresserade lokala alumner.
- Alumnerna utgör ett unikt nätverk av högt utbildade människor som tillsammans bildar ett värdefullt nätverk. Med klubben är det lätt för varje alumn att koppla sig till detta mervärde.
The Sweden Alumni Club aims to bring together the alumni of the University of Helsinki who live and work in Sweden. All alumni can join the club.
If you want to:
- network with researchers and people in business in the Stockholm area
- keep in touch with the University of Helsinki
- network with Finns who live in the Stockholm area
- meet top researchers in several fields from the University of Helsinki
- get in contact with the embassy and gain Finnish business contacts in Sweden
If you want to become a part of the Sweden Alumni Club, register through the link below. We look forward to see you at the events!
Local Alumni Clubs are groups established by former students under the auspices of the University of Helsinki Alumni Association. Such clubs enable their members to participate in alumni activities no matter where in the world they live.
What do local Alumni Clubs offer?
- The presence of the University of Helsinki in your community
- The opportunity to network with other University alumni
- Networking opportunities with researchers and people in business in your area
- Events where you can meet top researchers in several fields from the University of Helsinki, in for instance climate change research and medicine
Who can participate in the Clubs?
Anyone who has been admitted to pursue a degree, has conducted research or has held a position or post at the University of Helsinki can participate in the alumni activities coordinated by the Alumni Association.
Examples of events organised by local Clubs
- Science and Practice: Researchers and alumni participate in a panel discussion on a topical issue approached from scientific and practical perspectives
- University of Helsinki Evenings: Club-led visits to local sports and cultural events
- Wine and beer tastings
- Networking lunches
Anybody who has studied or worked at the University of Helsinki can join the Alumni Association and its local clubs. With the link below you can apply for membership and choose the club or clubs of your choice. The Club Board will thereafter be in contact with you.
The Alumni Association of the University of Helsinki provides support for the establishment of local groups. If many alumni and friends of the University live in your area, and you want to be engaged and start networking, please contact the Alumni Office.
March 18th 2017, Saturday afternoon 2:00-5:30
The China Alumni Club gathers at Peking University Law School Court Yard (Si Heyuan). The Club gathers to network and socialise with researchers, alumni from other universities and people in business from the Beijing area. You are warmly welcome! All who have studied at the University of Helsinki, even for a short while, are alumni.
Program in brief:
2:00-2:40 Finnish Business in China
2:40-3:30 University of Helsinki Alumni in China
3:30-5:30 Visiting Peking University (Campus and Sackler Museum)
Details on the location of this event will be coming soon. Follow UHAlumni for updates!
We also warmly invite the families of our alumni to this get-together. Let’s make new friends and share our experiences of Helsinki and today in Beijing!
Additional information: http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/lNeQiQkuiVH_NNj2Vxp9xA
The alumni of the University of Helsinki in China have organized themselves as a local Club. You are warmly welcome to participate!
If you want to:
- network with researchers and people in business in the Beijing area
- keep in touch with the University of Helsinki
- network with Chinese or Finns who live in the Beijing area
- meet top researchers in several fields from the University of Helsinki, in for instance climate change research and medicine
- get in contact with the embassy and learn about the development in Finland and Finnish business contacts in China
- get six new contacts in Beijing with an academic background
then the Club events is something, that you should not miss out!
Don’t forget your business cards. If your company or organization is interested in getting in contact with the alumni in the club please do not hesitate to contact us.
Who are the alumni of Beijing area?
Everybody with a degree, as well as persons who have taken only a short term study or just a training course at the University of Helsinki are alumni. All those who live or work in Beijing or visit regularly are welcome to join the China Alumni Club. We also warmly invite the families of our alumni to our get-togethers. Let’s make new friends and share our experiences of Helsinki and today in Beijing! The members are encouraged to join the Alumni Association at the University of Helsinki because it will set a solid base for the financing of the China Alumni Club activities. You can join online or at the event. Joining is voluntary and is not mandatory for taking part in the China Alumni Club events.
The China Alumni Club will meet three times a year, mainly in Beijing, but also in other locations, for example Shanghai.
Best regards on behalf of the Board
CHEN Yifeng, LL.D, Assistant Professor, Peking University Law School Associate
Prof. Li Ying Dr. Phil, Beijing Foreign Studies University
Communications and Corporate Responsibility at Finnair Arja Suominen
For further information:
contact person in Finland, Pia Österman, tel: +358 29 412 4916, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
contact person in China, Lukia Lin YANG tel: + 86 21 6104 2242 email: email@example.com
The China Alumni Club kicked off with one hundred participants at The Ambassador's residence with the Ambassador Marja Rislakki as well as the President of the University of Helsinki Jukka Kola hosting on Saturday the 15th of October 2016.
The second event was arranged in the afternoon of March 18th 2018 at Peking University Law School Court Yard (Si Heyuan). The Club gathered to network and socialize with researchers, alumni from other universities and people in business from the Beijing area.
The University of Helsinki Alumni Association, the Aalto University alumni department and the Finnish Institute in Germany cooperate in 2015-2016 by organizing the Berlin Alumni Club. The club meets regularly twice a year.
The Berlin Alumni Club aims to bring together the University of Helsinki, the Aalto University and their alumni who live and work in the greater Berlin area. All alumni can join the club.
The club organizes academic and non-formal programs, to share current information about the University of Helsinki and the Aalto University as well as carry out other self-imposed targets. The aim is to organize with a small organization, intellectually stimulating and invigorating activities twice a year.
How to join
Would you like to join the Berlin Alumni Club? Please contact the Alumni Office.
Opening greetings from Rector Jukka Kola for the Helsinki University Association China Alumni Club.