The interdisciplinary Master’s Programme in Environmental Change and Global Sustainability (ECGS) provides you with a unique education which is widely applicable for a future career path.
Studies are part of your career. At the University of Helsinki, all degrees include career planning. The Career Services at the University of Helsinki, in cooperation with degree programmes, supports the growth of your expert identity as part of your studies and with separate services.
From the start of your studies until one year after the completion of your degree, the Career Services supports your career path.
- gives career counselling and job seeking support,
- arranges info sessions, workshops and events,
- provides suitable job and traineeship offers for students,
- shares university’s subsidy for traineeships and
- facilitates group mentoring programmes.
ECGS has a multidisciplinary learning community with faculty from a wide range of sciences, accommodating students in a multicultural network with excellent career prospects.
Upon graduating from ECGS you will have sufficient expertise in environmental sciences, sustainability sciences and environmental policy to act as a specialist in the public, private and third sectors. You will also have gained essential skills to undertake a career in sustainable business and communication.
The ECGS Master's Programme prepares you to advance to doctoral level studies and thereafter positions in environment-related research.
Upon completion of your Master’s degree, you will be eligible to apply for doctoral studies in the University of Helsinki and other leading international research institutions. Examples of suitable doctoral programmes at the University of Helsinki include:
- Doctoral Programme in Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences (DENVI)
- Doctoral Programme in Sustainable Use of Renewable Natural Resources (AGFOREE)
- Doctoral Programme in Social Sciences
- Doctoral Programme in Political, Societal and Regional Change (PSRC)
- Doctoral Programme in Wildlife Biology Research (LUOVA)
- Doctoral Programme in Atmospheric Sciences (ATM-DP)
More information about doctoral education at the University of Helsinki.
All previous University of Helsinki degree and exchange students, as well as employees, are our alumni. The number close to 200,000 worldwide, and more than 30,000 of us are already part of alumni activities.
Read more about the Helsinki alumni and their activities.
Learn more about the Alumni Association of University of Helsinki.