SecondSpin is a fully working giftware project to give the complete
conversion solution to mpeg audio for your Amiga compatible enviroment. It's mainly meant to help you to make perfect
mp3 files easily with your amiga, but it's also able to decode mpeg audio back
to aiff files to be burnt back to a cd.
- designed to work in Amiga compatible environment - would that be the real thing, emulator or second generation derivation
- will easily convert audiocds (CDDA) to mpeg audio files or additionally
only leech the tracks as aiff files.
- supports AsimCDFS if specified.
- has full mpeg tag editing possibilities for audio cd:s.
- will easily convert your existing AIFF or WAV files to mpeg audio
- will convert Protracker, XM, S3M, FastTracker modules to AIFF or mpeg
audio files. * Also MED1-3 (MMD1/MMD2/MMD3) modules are supported, but
through MED to XM conversion.
- will convert PlaySID formatted SID tunes to WAV or mpeg audio files.
- also converts mpeg files back to AIFF for general use.
- is able to directly convert existing mpeg layer 1-3 files to mpeg layer 3
format (eg. conversion of 128kbps jstereo file to 32kbps mono.
- outputs mpeg audio layers 1, 2 and 3 with mono, stereo and j-stereo with
bitrates of: layer 3: 320, 256, 192, 160, 128, 112, 96, 64, 32, 24, 16 or 8
kbps layer 2: 320, 256, 192, 160, 128, 112, 96, 64, 32 layer 1: 320, 256,
192, 160, 128, 96, 64, 32
- a full fontsensitive, functional and easy GUI
- supports all amigas (with or without fpu) as well as amigas equipped with
- supports www.cddb.com, so it's able to fetch track information from the
- also has full CDID support including loading, saving, cddb to cdid
converting and editing.
- fully localized
- has fully featured configuration editor
- support for amiga crunching standards, XPK and PowerPacker
SecondSpin is distributed as several different archives. The main archive,
which contains SecondSpin core components and additional archives which contains
various encoders (like mp2, mp3 or ogg) or adds extra functionality like Midi
- Main archive
- SecondSpin_Install.lha v2.18 Beta
(considered stable) @ Aminet
- SecondSpin_Install.lha v2.50 Beta @ main server -
README (Currently in development)
- Encoder archive for mp2 support (Currently in development)
- SecondSpin_mp2enc.lha v1.0 @ main server
- Encoder archive for mp3 support
- SecondSpin_Encoder.lha v3.89 Beta for SecondSpin v2.18 @ main server
- SecondSpin_mp3enc.lha v1.0 (LAME core x.xx) @ main server (Currently in development)
- Encoder archive for ogg-vorbis support
- SecondSpin_oggenc.lha v1.0 @ main server (Currently in development)
- Additional archive for Midi-file support (via Timidity++ engine)
- SecondSpin_Midi.lha v1.0 @ main server (Currently in development)
SecondSpin has a web
based forum ready for your questions and suggestions. Please make full use
of it and make this project florish.
GUIDE / DOCS
I've converted the SecondSpin.guide to html, so that you can take a peek.
Yes, SecondSpin is giftware.
If you feel like you'd like to support future development of SecondSpin and
thank me for the four years I've been developing this software for Amiga. See
the documentation for details how to contribute. Thank you very much indeed.
(SecondSpin site related)
20. December 2002 : Completely reworked my whole
homepages. Preparing to a new major release of SecondSpin.
29. April 2003 : My
school is nearing the end for this semester. So it might be possible that I'll
get some motivation to finish the v2.50. Why wouldn't you motivate
me a bit?
20. February 2004 : I've done some preliminary testing with MUI
GUI. Triton GUI-system had numerous advantages when I made SecondSpin v1.0, but
it's now clear that Triton must go. Mainly because of the unsolved crash bug
caused by the ARexx implementation. So MUI it is.
Amiga Active reviewed SecondSpin v2.17 in 2001. My greatest thanks to Robert Williams for letting me to publish this article.
(Too bad that Amiga Active is no more :( - what a great magazine it was)