D.Sc. in Tech., Adjunct professor
Fisheries and Environmental Management Group ,
Department of Environmental Sciences,
University of Helsinki.
My research interest is in the interface of probabilistic modeling and biosciences. I am also
interested in the complex relationship between human society and ecosystem which is one of the grand
scientific and societal challenges globally. The specific research topics I work with include
- Bayesian modelling and decision analysis
- state-space models
- computational statistics and machine learning
- spatial and spatio-temporal statistics
- environmental management and risk assessment problems including, for example,
species distribution modeling, uncertainty assessment of
environmental simulators, and population dynamics modeling.
Currently, I work with the post doctoral researcher grant of Academy of Finland
and I lead the University of Helsinki node of Joint Research Centre of Excellence.
Bibliographic information can be found from Google Scholar,
TUHAT research database
and list of publications.
- Maisa Nevalainen (MSc. in environmental sciences)
- Mikko Kotilainen (MSc. in systems analysis, affiliated in Aalto University)
- Marcelo Hartmann (MSc. in statistics)
master's thesis students and research assistants
- Jussi Mäkinen (MSc. in geography)
- Anja Wilken
- MSc. Lauri Ronkainen (aquatic sciences)
- 2013, Adjunct professor (dosentti) in Environmental Risk Analysis, University of Helsinki,
- 2010, D.Sc. (Tech.) in computational engineering, Aalto University, School of Science and Tecnology.
- 2006, MSc (Tech.) in computational engineering, Helsinki University of techonology
- 6/2014-: Principal investigator, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Helsinki
- 9/2013-3/2014: Visiting scientist in the Commonwealth Scientific and Research Organization, Hobart, Australia
- 9/2010-6/2014: Post-doctoral researher, Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences, University of Helsinki
- 9/2006-9/2010: Phd. student, Helsinki University of Technology / Aalto University,
Laboratory of Computational Engineering
- 6/2004-8/2006: Research assistant, Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Computational Engineering