email: joona.oikarinen X helsinki.fi
I'm a second year PhD student (7/2017-) in mathematics at the University of Helsinki, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, under the supervision of Antti Kupiainen. I am part of the Mathematical Physics research group.
- The probabilistic approach to Liouville field theory. Alexander Polyakov introduced Liouville Quantum Gravity in 1981, an essential part of which is the Liouville (quantum) field theory. The Liouville field theory was defined in a mathematically rigorous manner recently, by using probabilistic methods (Gaussian free field and Gaussian multiplicative chaos). This way of defining the Liouville theory is what the physicist would call the path integral formulation. However, in the physics literature, Liouville theory is usually studied using the Conformal Bootstrap approach. One of the main goals of the rigorous probabilistic approach to Liouville theory is to show that these two approaches are equivalent.
- Smoothness of correlation functions in Liouville Conformal Field Theory - arXiv:1807.10559
- Probabilistic Liouville field theory on the two-dimensional sphere - MSc thesis (2017)
- Testifunktioavaruuden topologia (in Finnish) - BSc thesis (2015)
TeachingTeaching assistant for the following graduate level courses:
- Clifford Analysis (Fall 2017)
- Quantum Fields and Probability (Spring 2018)
- Raja-arvot (Limits) (Fall 2015)
- Differentiaalilaskenta (Differential calculus) (Fall 2015)
- Integraalilaskenta (Integral calculus) (Spring 2016)
- Sarjat (Series) (Spring 2016)