The Fourth Workshop on Information Theoretic Methods in Science and Engineering (WITMSE) will be held in Helsinki, Finland, on August 7–10, 2011. The workshop will cover hot topics at the intersection of statistics, information theory, machine learning, and their applications. The technical program will include plenary lectures and invited talks.
WITMSE 2011 takes place right after the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT 2011), so that participants to ISIT can conveniently travel to Helsinki straight from St. Petersburg (see Travel and Location).
- November 28
- The WITMSE 2011 Proceedings are now available as a single PDF file.
- August 1
- Technical programme available.
- N.B.: Due to a last minute cancellation, Antonio Galves' plenary talk will be given by Veronica Gonzalez-Lopez and Jesus Garcia.
- July 18
- Formatting instructions for submitting the abstracts were added under Author instructions.
- July 9
- Finally, Registration
Early registration deadline postponed (again) to July 21. Thanks for your patience. :)
- June 17
- Hotel information available.
- June 14
- List of invited speakers (confirmed so far) is now available on the Programme page.
- June 14
- Registration and hotel information coming
Early registration deadline extended to July 14.
|Pre-reservation of hotel rooms expires||July 14, 2011|
|Early registration deadline (extended)||July 21, 2011|
|Abstract submission deadline||July 26, 2011|
|Banquet registration deadline||July 27, 2011|
|Workshop dates||August 7–10, 2011|
- Mati Wax, Wavion Wireless Networks
- Neri Merhav, Technion, Israel
Antonio Galves, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Veronica Gonzalez-Lopez and Jesus Garcia, State University of Campinas, Brazil
- Jorma Rissanen, Tampere University of Technology, and HIIT
- Petri Myllymäki, University of Helsinki
- Teemu Roos, Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT
- Ioan Tabus, Tampere University of Technology
- Kenji Yamanishi, University of Tokyo