- Call for Papers: Workshop on Scientific Imperialism in Helsinki on 15-17 April 2015. Please see events.
- The schedule of AID forum sessions for this fall has now been published here. Please note that the time of AID sessions has changed from 14-16 to 16-18! For recorded material of past AID sessions, please see the media section.
- Data and Phenomena in Qualitative Inquiry workshop organized by TINT in Helsinki on 29.-30.9.2014. Please see events for further information.
- Mind and Evolutionary Inference workshop with Elliott Sober organized by TINT in Helsinki on 18.8.2014. Please see events for further information.
- Workshop on Social Explanation with Daniel Little in Helsinki, 11 June 2014. Please see events for further information.
- Symposium: Current Trends in the Philosophy of the Social Sciences II, 3 June, Helsinki. Please see events for further information.
- TINT cordially welcomes Professor Mariam Thalos as its visitor. Please see visit for further details.
- Evidence in Science and Epistemology 2014 -conference in Helsinki on 27-28 May. For more information, see events.
- TINT welcomes its newest researchers Judith Favereau and Manuela Fernández Pinto into the research team. For more information, see people.
- The articles based on the 15 April 2013 AID session "Reconciling Citizens' Entitlements and Sound Public Finance – the Nordic Case: Perspectives from Economics and Political Philosophy" have now been published in Tieteessä tapahtuu 3/2014. See AID for further information.
- The Finnish journal Tieteessä tapahtuu (Science Now) will feature a series of selected writings based on past AID sessions. The first articles based on the 14 October 2013 session "Economics and ecology are almost alike, but do they neglect one another?" have now been published in Tieteessä tapahtuu 2/2014.
- TINT research team member Mikko Salmela recently (January 2014) published a co-edited volume with Christian von Scheve titled Collective Emotions: Perspectives from psychology, philosophy, and sociology in the Oxford University Press Series in Affective Sciences.
- Guest lecture: Dave Elder-Vass, "Giving and social transformation". Time: 5.2.2014 at 14-16. Venue: Unioninkatu 40 , room 8 (B313).
- Book launch: Tuukka Kaidesoja's Naturalizing Critical Realist Social Ontology. Comments by Dave Elder-Vass and Petri Ylikoski. Time: 4.2.2014 at 14-16. Venue: Fabianinkatu 26 Festival Hall (310).
- Programs for the spring 2014 POS seminar and AID sessions have now been announced. Updates are soon to follow. For more information, see seminar and AID.
- The ENSO III conference starts in Helsinki on Wednesday 23.10. For more information, please see events and the ENSO website.
- TINT is offering a new postdoc position for initially two years beginning in January 2014. More advanced scholars will also be considered. The deadline for applications is 31.10.2013. For information on applying, please see here.
- The Centre of Excellence welcomes its newest researchers Chiara Lisciandra and Martina Merz into the research team. For more information, please see people.
- Online registration for the ENSO III conference (23.-25.10.2013) is open here. For more information, please see www.helsinki.fi/enso or events.
- TINT board member and research team leader Raimo Tuomela recently (September 2013) published a monograph titled Social Ontology: Collective Intentionality and Group Agents through Oxford University Press.
- The Centre of Excellence welcomes its newest researcher Miles MacLeod into the reserach team. For more information, please see people.
- TINT research team member Tuukka Kaidesoja recently (July 2013) published a monograph titled Naturalizing Critical Realist Social Ontology in the Routledge Ontological Explorations series.
- TINT congratulates its research team member and coordinator Pekka Mäkelä for defending his doctoral dissertation "Collective Responsibility: Against Collectivism" on 22.8.2013 at the University of Helsinki Main Building's auditorium XII with professor David Copp as the opponent and professor Uskali Mäki as the Custos.
- TINT congratulates its research team member and webmaster Samuli Pöyhönen for defending his doctoral dissertation "Chasing Phenomena: Classification and Conceptual Change in the Social And Behavioral Sciences" on 5.8.2013 with professor Carl Craver as the opponent and professor Uskali Mäki as the Custos.