Christian Seppänen, Th.M., Sc.M.
Dissertation Project: The Hebrew Text of 1 Samuel
In my doctoral dissertation, I will discuss the differences between the Masoretic text, the Septuagint and the Qumran Manuscrips in 1 Samuel. The most significant cases are the story of David and Goliath (ch. 17–18; the Septuagint is approximately 1/3 shorter than the Masoretic text) and the episode of Nahash oppressing the Ammonites (ch 10–11; 4QSam^a has 3,5 extra lines that are absent in the Masoretic text and in the Septuagint).
- Doctoral Student, University of Helsinki, 2007–
- Master of Theology, University of Helsinki, 2007
- Master of Science (Theoretical Physics), University of Helsinki, 2003
- Matriculation Exam, Ylöjärvi Secondary High School, 1997
- Master's Thesis (Old Testament Biblical Studies; in Finnish): Min-preposition kääntäminen Septuagintan Pentateukissa (Renderings of the Preposition min in the Septuagint Pentateuch)
- Finnish translations of Qumran texts "Birth of Noah" = 4Q534–536 (together with Hanne von Weissenberg); "New Jerusalem" = 2Q24, 4Q554, 4Q554a, 5Q15, 11Q18. Forthcoming.
- Layout Editor, Finnish Journal of Theology, 2004–