- Submitting the Master´s Thesis and Graduation Dates 2013-2014
- Bachelor´s Thesis
- Language Revision
- Master´s Thesis
- Submitting the Master´s Thesis
- Changing Major Subject
- Minor Subject Studies
- Supplementary Studies for Graduates of the Faculty
- Post-Graduate Studies
- Student Exchange
- Exchange Programmes
- How to Apply for Erasmus
- Agreements of the Faculty
- Application Deadlines for Exchange
- ETAPPI- Study Progress Checkpoints
- Normative Duration of Studies
- Recognition of Previous Studies
- Standing Orders of the University of Helsinki, Faculty of Social Sciences
Unioninkatu 37 (P.O. Box 54)
00014 University of Helsinki
Phone +358-(0)9-1911 (University)
Fax +358-(0)9-191 24835
Students who have completed all the studies required for the bachelor's or master's degree should register for graduation by filling out a registration form for the Master's degree (rtf) / registration form for the Bachelor's degree (rtf) and submitting it together with a transcript to the Student Affairs Office of the Faculty (Unioninkatu 37).
If you are registering for the Master's degree and you have started your studies before 1.8.2005, please remember to include a copy of your Bachelor's degree, too.
Students should make sure that all their marks are in the registry and all the study-blocks correctly included (i.e. individual courses of one's major and minor studies ought to be "wrapped" under the headlines of basic and intermediate studies or advanced studies by the subject in question). The students have to consult the coordinator of their programme at least a month before the registration deadline. An up-to-date transcript has to be taken along and it has to include all the studies needed for that particular entity/degree.
NB! Only studies completed during the last ten years can be recognized as part of a new degree at the Faculty of Social Sciences. This rule applies to the students who have started their studies after 1.8.2005. The students who have started their studies before 1.8.2005 may be required to complement their studies if the degree requirements of the major subject have changed drastically.
Please see the deadlines for submitting the graduation form and the dates for collecting your diploma at the Faculty Office in the this table.
Graduating students can take part in the official graduation ceremony. Graduation ceremonies are held twice a year, in the end of both Autumn and Spring terms. The ceremony is public and students can invite their family and friends along.
The graduation ceremony in Spring 2013 is held on Monday 17 June from 12 to 14 in the small festival hall of the main building (Fabianinkatu 33, 4th floor). Invitation to the graduates will be sent by e-mail.
Please note that in order to receive one's diploma, the student must enroll for the graduation by the given deadline.
News and events
Other services and facilities
- Language centre
- ICT services and facilities
- Learning Centre Aleksandria
- Student cafeterias
- University sports services
- HYY - The Student Union of the University of Helsinki
- Kannunvalajat,the social sciences students' association at the University of Helsinki
- International students organisations