- Master's Programmes
- Admission Criteria - Minimum Requirements
- How to Apply
- Required Documents
- Selection Criteria
- MDP in Democracy and Global Transformations
- MDP in Economics (ECON)
- MDP in Ethnic Relations, Cultural Diversity and Integration
- MDP in European Studies
- MDP in Intercultural Encounters (ICE)
- MDP in Media and Global Communication (MGC)
- Research MDP in Social Sciences (REMS)
- International Masters in Economy, State and Society (Eramus Mundus)
Unioninkatu 37 (P.O. Box 54)
00014 University of Helsinki
Phone +358-(0)9-1911 (University)
Fax +358-(0)9-191 24835
Postgraduate Admission: How to Apply
Postgraduate admission is only meant for applicants who have already completed a Master-level degree at an established and recognised foreign university.
Postgraduate applications are handled by the Postgraduate Studies Coordinator Marjukka Laakso, and all enquiries etc. should be directed to her (marjukka.laakso[at]helsinki.fi. There are two application deadlines per year: 15 April and 15 October. The applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Official information on the curriculum and course contents of your Master's degree. This information should be as detailed as possible.
- Information on your Master's thesis: title and brief summary.
- Short curriculum vitae.
- Preliminary research plan (Requires a contact with the appropriate department/unit of the University of Helsinki).
- The application itself. The application form will be open appr. six weeks before each deadline. More information here.
- The language certificate.
The student selection is based on the applicant's academic background and on a research plan made by the applicant. The selection of postgraduate students is completed from four to six weeks after the closing dates.
For more information, please refer to the web site on reserach and postgraduate studies.
News and events
University of Helsinki
- Studying at the University of Helsinki
- Fees and costs
- Grants and Scholarships
- University of Helsinki in brief