Models and Simulations 5 - Practicalities
Helsinki, 14-16 June 2012
From Helsinki-Vantaa Airport to the city centre:
- Bus 615 leaves about every 15-20 minutes from outside Terminals 1 and 2 and arrives at the railway station. The travel time is approximately 35-40 minutes. A single ticket costs €4,50. [Timetable]
- The Finnair bus leaves about every 20 minutes from outside Terminals 1 and 2 and arrives at the railway station. The travel time is approximately 35 minutes. A single ticket costs €6,20. [Timetable]
- Taxis are available outside both Terminals 1 and 2. Reaching the city centre by taxi takes about 30-35 minutes and costs around €40-45.
Transport in Helsinki
You can find information about timetables and routes of public transport at the Helsinki Journey Planner
Ticket fares can be found here.
There are numerous taxi stands around the city centre.
To order a taxi, you can call +358 (0)1000700 at any time (more information at www.taksihelsinki.fi). Taxis can also be hailed.
The conference venue is located in the city centre in the building Metsätalo (“the Forest House”, Unioninkatu 40) of the University of Helsinki. You will find the registration desk in the lobby. You can access the building either from Fabianinkatu (39) or Unioninkatu.
Metsätalo on the map.
We have reserved a number of rooms in hotels where participants can benefit from a reduced rate. Please contact the hotels to reserve a room as soon as possible because the offers are valid until the dates indicated below. When reserving a room please make sure to use the codes given below.
- Hotel Arthur, Vuorikatu 19
- Send an email to email@example.com to book your room. Do not use the online room reservation system. Code: Models and Simulations 5
- deadline: 4.5.2011
- standard room 14.-15.6.: 95 € (one person) / 115 € (two persons)
- standard room 15.-16.6.: 80 € (one person) / 100 € (two persons)
- comfort room 13.-17.6. 120 € per night
- tel. +358-173 441 / fax. +358-9-626 880
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Mikonkatu 23
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention the name of the hotel (Radisson Blu Plaza), time of staying and the code. Do not use the online reservation system
- Code: Models and Simulations 5
- deadline: 17.5.2011
- 136 € Standard single; 168 € Standard double per night
- 156 € Superior single; 188 € Superior double per night
- tel. +358-20-1234703 / fax +358-20-1234704
Low-budget accommodations in Helsinki include:
In the city centre you can find plenty of restaurants and cafés. Below are a few alternatives. More options are available at: www.eat.fi
- Karl Fazer Café, Kluuvikatu 3
- Café Engel, Aleksanterinkatu 26
- Espresso Edge, Liisankatu 29
- Coffee House, Mikonkatu 9
- Robert's Coffee, Kluuvikatu 7
Tourist information on the city of Helsinki can be found at: www.visithelsinki.fi