The Master's Degree Programme in
Environment and Natural Resources MENVI
- Helsinki Summer School 2012: Designing Tomorrow's Agriculture: Role of Ecosystem Services
- Read an interesting interview of a MENVI student: Clara-Theresia Kumer tells about her experience
- The application period for academic period 2014-2016 closed
- Helsinki Summer School courses available in August 2014
Application period for graduate studies starting in fall 2014 is now closed. Welcome to apply again on the next application round.
The state of the environment and sustainable use of natural resources are the base for human wellbeing now and in the future. Therefore, environmental experts are increasingly needed to meet the challenges related to the environmental impacts of agriculture and food production, polluted soils, water quality, biodiversity decline, and other environmental issues.
The international and interdisciplinary Master´s Degree Programme in Environment and Natural Resources (MENVI) aims to educate environmental experts with outstanding scientific skills. The research and problem based education provides the student with an excellent basis for a career in environmental authorities, industries, as well as in research.
The English-language Master’s Degree Programme in Environment and Natural Resources will admit a maximum of 16 students who satisfy the admission criteria. Applicants must choose their prospective major subject from among the following:
1) Plant Production Sciences, specialist option in Agroecology (three students can be admitted),
2) Agrotechnology, specialist option in Environmental Engineering in Agriculture (five students can be admitted),
3) Environmental Soil Science (three students can be admitted) and
4) Microbiology (five students can be admitted).