Geographical Society of Finland is a community of geographers and those interested in geography which traces its origins back to 1888. It was then that the original Geographical Society of Finland and Finnish Geographical Association were founded, to be united into a single organisation in 1921. The Society´s official languages are Finnish and Swedish, and its purpose is to promote research in geography and related sciences at home and abroad.

Overseas orders for the Society´s publications (Fennia and Terra) should be sent to:
    Bookstore Tiedekirja, Kirkkokatu 14, 00170 Helsinki, Finland. Pho Int.+358 9 635 177, telefax +358 9 635 017

Maija Taka, secretary (
Geographical Society of Finland
P.O.Box 64 (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2)
University of Helsinki

Logo; Sinetti