At the Self Service Library you can borrow and return material as well as use work stations and study. The Helsinki University wireless network is also available.
Customer service personnel is not present during self-service hours. The Library provides user instructions to device and premises in the premises and on the web site.
At the Self Service Library you can
- borrow and return material using the self-service machines (please note that in Meilahti returns are only registered the following opening day)
- pick up reserved books (self-service)
- use all devices and premises at the Library
At the Self Service Library you cannot
- pay fees at the counter
- get HUPNet-accounts for wireless network
- get a key to reserved storage mobile unit
- get ID Point identification service
- get any personal instruction.
Fees can be paid online via your patron information in Helka-database with Visa, Visa Electron or Master Card.
Self Service Hours
- Kumpula Campus Library: Mon-Fri 8-10 and 17-18
- Meilahti Campus Library: Mon-Fri 8-10 and 17-20
- Viikki Campus Library: Mon-Fri 8-10 and 17-19
- Main Library Kaisa House: Mon-Fri 8-10 and 19-20, Sun 11-17 (Sundays only 3.3.-28.4.19 and 15.9.-1.12.19)
In the Main Library Kaisa House you can use the service phone on the 3rd floor counter to contact the staff if you face problems with the check-out or return machines.