Get Help Training
Open Training Courses
You can find the scheduled courses and one-time courses in the university event calendar. There are more courses available on the Finnish pages.
Information Seeking Workshop
- Introduction to the Information Resources at the University of Helsinki
- The workshop is in English and Finnish
- Come and ask about library services and the usage of information services. You can ask, for example
- How can I use the electronic resources in the University?
- What subject services are available and where can I find them?
- What is reference management software?
- No preregistration is needed.
- If you have a laptop, bring it along!
- The workshop is held once a week during terms.
RefWorks Reference Management Software
- The course suits well needs of students starting their Bachelor's or Master's seminar.
- Import references from reference databases and electronic journals
- Create own personal database
- Use references in writing papers and automatically format the paper and the bibliography.
Information resources in Life Sciences
- Review of basic information retrieval methods.
- International databases and ebooks used in the fields represented at the Viikki Campus with a focus on those used by the course participants, such as Scopus, Web of Science, Medline, CAB or ProQuest
- For students working on their theses or for other users (including researchers) who need to update their basic information retrieval skills
Courses on medical databases