Vision and mission
Helsinki University Library is the largest multidisciplinary university library in Finland, which offers information and library services in the fields of science of four campuses. Helsinki University Library includes the campus libraries of the City Centre, Kumpula, Meilahti and Viikki Campuses.
The library is an independent institute of the university and open to all information seekers.
The goal of Helsinki University Library is
- to offer competent partnership for the good of research and learning
- to offer the research results of the university and the library's expertise to the society's use
- to be an inspiring and prosperous community
- to build its finances on a sustainable base
Everyone has the right to use the library, and persons over the age of 15 who live in Finland have the right to borrow. Electronic materials are available for use to all customers in the library facilities and for people at the university also online.
Key information 2016
Usage of Customer Services
- 2,1 million customers visit Helsinki University Library annually
- 401 000 loans
- 2.7 million renewals
- 2,7 million downloaded e-journal articles
- 2,7 million downloaded e-books
- 6 500 users in information literacy training
- 32 400 electronic journals
- 770 100 e-books
- 1,13 million books in print
- 18 900 journals in print