- Forests and Climate Change
- Ecosystem services and sustainable urban development (ENSURE)
- Multidisciplinary Baltic Sea- Research (MULTIDOM)
- Global Environmeintal Change
- Research projects
- Climate change
- Ecosystems and biodiversity
- Global environment
- Built environment
- Environmental history
- Environmental policy
- Economy and technology
- Environmental philosophy / Ethics
HENVI is strongly concentrated on multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary environmental research. Most of Helsinki University Faculties include environmental research and by combining different interfaces of science it is possible to develop new scientific solutions for environmental problems.
The goal of HENVI is to promote environmental research that is innovative and interdisciplinary. Special interest is on the interface of social and natural sciences. HENVI also organizes doctoral education of interdisciplinary environmental research and coordinates environmental research of the whole University of Helsinki. Environmental research of HENVI supports the general aspects of sustainable development.