Instructions for the WPR printing service
WPR or Web Print makes it easier to print with the University printers from the university's wireless networks or from the internet. There are two ways of using the service – you can either print finished PDF/PS files through your browser, or install a WPR printer on your own workstation, in which case you can print your jobs directly without converting them to PDF or PS format.
Sending finished PDF/PS files for printing through your browser.
This printing option works both from Internet and through wireless network. The service is, therefore, usable anywhere. You can send the print job from any device with a browser:
- Sign in to the WPR service from the address https://wpr.helsinki.fi.
- Click the screwdriver icon.
- Click Add printer.
- In the search field, enter smartcard (1).
- Click Search printers (2).
- Find the desired printer and click the PLUS sign.
- The selected printer has now been added to the list (1).
- Click Browse (2).
- Locate the file on your device (1).
- Click Open (2).
- You can see the selected file next to the Browse button (1).
- Click Print (2).
- You will receive a notification when the print job has been carried out successfully.
Printing from your workstation to WPR printers and accepting print jobs with your browser.
This printing option works from the university's wireless networks. You will need a browser to use it. The printing job will be sent to the printer you choose, as long as you have accepted it with your browser from the address https://wpr.helsinki.fi.
You can print your jobs directly without first converting them to PDF or PS format.
Do as follows:
- Install WPR printing on your workstation (this procedure only needs to be done on the first time):
- Standard workstation under University administration (you will not need administrative privileges)
- Other Windows workstation – Windows XP – Windows 7 (you will need administrative privileges)
- Linux workstation – University's Cubbli Linux – Other Linux
- Mac OS X workstation – Mac computer under University administration – other Mac computer
- Choose the printing queue of your choice (or several printing queues) to your favorite printing queue list (see step 1 above). This procedure only needs to be done on the first time.
- Send the job to the WPR printing queue just like you would normally print with a printer.
- Sign in to the web interface (https://wpr.helsinki.fi) with your AD login.
- Choose the printing job from the print queue and pick a printer from the list of favorite printers. Start printing.