Master's Degree Programme in Media and Global Communication (MGC)
- Welcome to UH blog
- University of Helsinki Facebook
- University of Helsinki Instagram
- University of Helsinki YouTube
Media and Communication Studies is part of the Department of Social Research.
Department of Social Research P.O. Box 54, 00014
University of Helsinki FINLAND
Street address: Unioninkatu 37
Email addresses: email@example.com
tel. +358-2941911 (University switchboard)
phone: +358 2941 24140
Admissions Services telephone hours Monday - Friday
from 12 noon to 3 p.m.
Come and study with us
Our programme is the third most popular programme out of over 40 international master's degree programmes at the University of Helsinki.
We have now launched the web pages of our new Master's Degree Programme in Media and Communication Studies which is called the Global Politics and Communication. The new programme will start in Autumn 2017. The application period is between 1.12.2016-12.1.2017.
- 250 symposium – right to know – transparency and openness in public life. To mark the 250th anniversary of the 1766 Freedom of Information Act, the University of Helsinki hosts a symposium to discuss the meaning and realization of citizens' information rights, transparency and openness in contemporary public life.
- Academic Freedom and the Turkish Turmoil: Symposium on Academic Freedom in Turkey
- Study Guide 2016-2017. Please click "Teaching" and choose the teaching period.
All MGC courses will appear.
- The Promotional Turn International conference on promotional logics in current societies, 18 March 2016
- The list of all English-medium courses at the Faculty of Social Sciences
- Finnish language courses for international students in Autumn 2015, provided by the Department of Finnish, Finno-Ugrian and Scandinavian Studies
- Introduction to Research Methods required for graduation
The study unit 7REMSintr Introduction to Research Methods is according the current Degree Requirements mandatory to all students, including students who have begun their studies in previous years. A compensatory assignment has to be completed before graduation. Please contact the programme coordinator for further details.
- Information about Helsinki