Master's Degree Programme in Media and Global Communication (MGC)
- Welcome to UH blog
- University of Helsinki Facebook
- University of Helsinki Instagram
- University of Helsinki YouTube
Media and Communication Studies is part of the Department of Social Research.
Department of Social Research P.O. Box 54, 00014
University of Helsinki FINLAND
Street address: Unioninkatu 37
Email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
tel. +358-2941911 (University switchboard)
phone: +358 2941 24140
Admissions Services telephone hours Monday - Friday
from 12 noon to 3 p.m.
Come and study with us
Our programme is the third most popular programme out of over 40 international master's degree programmes at the University of Helsinki.
- The Promotional Turn International conference on promotional logics in current societies, 18 March 2016
- The application period for the 2016-2017 academic year has ended on January 27, 2016. The results will be announced towards the end of April.
- Study Guide 2015-2016. Please click "Teaching" and choose the teaching period.
All MGC courses will appear.
The list of all English-medium courses at the Faculty of Social Sciences
- Finnish language courses for international students in Autumn 2015, provided by the Department of Finnish, Finno-Ugrian and Scandinavian Studies
New courses available:
- Multiculturalism in Public Culture: Theoretical Ideas and Everyday Engagements 25.-29.1.2016. Organised by the MDP in Ethnic Relations. Registration in WebOodi in December.
- Corporate Communication in Global Contexts 13.4.-18.5.2016. Organised by the Aalto University School of Business. A course place will be available for two students of Media and Communication Studies, including the MGC. Special application later this autumn.
- Introduction to Research Methods required for graduation
The study unit 7REMSintr Introduction to Research Methods is according the current Degree Requirements mandatory to all students, including students who have begun their studies in previous years. A compensatory assignment has to be completed before graduation. Please contact the programme coordinator for further details.
- Information about Helsinki