Biomedicum Functional Genomics Unit (FuGU)
Biomedicum Functional Genomics Unit (FuGU) provides a wide range of services related to functional genomics. These services cover Next-Generation Sequencing (i.e. RNAseq and DNAseq), Microarrays, Olink Biomarker assays, RT-qPCR and Bioinformatics. Services for single-cell genomics (Drop-seq for RNA sequencing) will come available in 2017.
FuGU also provides services for virus-mediated gene silencing, knockout and overexpression. We are housing genome-wide lentiviral shRNA libraries, which contain clones for 16,000 human and mouse genes each and CRISPR/Cas-9 library for human and mouse containing guideRNAs for around 20,000 genes each.
The unit is located in Biomedicum Helsinki and operates under the national Biocenter Finland infrastructure network.
- Testing of different RNA-seq kits completed at FuGU
- MOUSE lentiviral CRISPR-Cas9 gRNA library has arrived!
- CRISPR is HERE! Human lentiviral-based CRISPR/Cas9 gRNA library now available!
- Human lentiviral CRISPR gRNA library has arrived to FuGU
- Olink Proseek Multiplex trials successfully completed!
- Illumina® NextSeq and Fluidigm BioMark™ HD have been installed in FuGU!
- FuGU News archive
Courses and Events
- 2.12.2016 - 9.12.2016: NGS practical course hosted at FuGU
- 14.10.2016: FuGU team presents poster at Research Programs Unit's Science Day 2016"
- 24.05.2016: Affymetrix workshop hosted by FuGU: "Gene expression and alternative splicing"
- 17.05.2016: SPECIAL SEMINAR: Drop-seq protocol for single cell RNAseq
- Courses and Events archive
Functional Genomics Unit
P.O. Box 63 (Haartmaninkatu 8)
00014 University of Helsinki
Genome Profiling Services
+ 358 2 941 25188
Gene Function and Virus Services
+ 358 2 941 25494