Biomedicum Functional Genomics Unit (FuGU)
Biomedicum Functional Genomics Unit (FuGU) provides a wide range of services related to functional genomics. These services cover Next-Generation Sequencing (i.e. RNAseq and DNAseq), Microarrays, Olink Biomarker assays, RT-qPCR and Bioinformatics. Services for single-cell genomics (Drop-seq for RNA sequencing) will come available in fall 2016. FuGU also provides services for virus mediated gene silencing, knock-out and overexpression.
FuGU also provides services for virus-mediated gene silencing, knockout and overexpression. We are housing genome-wide lentiviral shRNA libraries, which contain clones for 16,000 human and mouse genes each and CRISPR/Cas-9 library for human (and mouse coming in fall 2016) containing guideRNAs for 20,000 genes each.
The unit is located in Biomedicum Helsinki and operates under the national Biocenter Finland infrastructure network.
- CRISPRi is HERE! Human lentiviral-based CRISPR/Cas9 gRNA library now available!
- FuGU GenProf on holiday between 11.7.2016-25.7.2016
- Human lentiviral CRISPR gRNA library has arrived to FuGU
- Olink Proseek Multiplex trials successfully completed!
- Illumina® NextSeq and Fluidigm BioMark™ HD have been installed in FuGU!
- FuGU News archive
Courses and Events
Functional Genomics Unit
P.O. Box 63 (Haartmaninkatu 8)
00014 University of Helsinki
Genome Profiling Services
+ 358 2 941 25188
Gene Function and Virus Services
+ 358 2 941 25494