- Intellectual History of International Law: Empire and Religion
- Towards a Credible Ethics for Global Governance
- On "Glocal" Governance: on the Meanings and Consequences of the "Vernacularization" of Human Rights Concepts
- "Between the Times": Embattled Temporalities and Anti-Historicism in Interwar Europe
- Order and Contestation in Islamic International Law and International Relations
- Management of the Sacred: A Critical Inquiry
The Erik Castrén Institute of International Law and Human Rights (ECI) was established in 1998 within the Faculty of Law at the University of Helsinki as a centre for research and study. The Erik Castrén Institute of International Law and Human Rights was named after Professor Erik Castrén.
The aim of the Institute is to promote research on human rights and new approaches to public international law.
- Keynote Lecture from the ESIL meeting at Oslo: A Turn to the Rule of Law in International Politics: The Role of International Judiciary. Moderated by Jutta Brunnée (University of Toronto) with Judge James Crawford (International Court of Justice)
and Martti Koskenniemi (University of Helsinki) as speakers.
- Former President of Finland, Tarja Halonen, was interviewed by children during the UN at 70 event.
- UN at 70 will be broadcasted online and later archived here.
- 28 May 2015: Professor Martti Koskenniemi receives the honorary LL.D. from McGill, watch the ceremeny here.
- 30 April 2015: Professor Martti Koskenniemi to receive a honorary LL.D. from McGill Centre for Human Rights and Legal Pluralism.
- Anti-terrorism, its problem areas and consequence, full seminar now available on-line
- 9 January 2015: ECI's Annual Report from 2010-2012 is now available online.
Brown Bag Seminar by Dr. Rotem Giladi on 'Two Types of International Humanitarian Law Historiography’ 14 Oct.
Workshop "A new world order? Internationalism and legal imagination in inter-war Europe”, December 17, 2015
On-line lectures and talks
Anti-terrorism, its problem areas and consequence, full seminar now available on-line