- Intellectual History of International Law: Empire and Religion
- Towards a Credible Ethics for Global Governance
- On "Glocal" Governance: on the Meanings and Consequences of the "Vernacularization" of Human Rights Concepts
- "Between the Times": Embattled Temporalities and Anti-Historicism in Interwar Europe
The Erik Castrén Institute of International Law and Human Rights (ECI) was established in 1998 within the Faculty of Law at the University of Helsinki as a centre for research and study. The Erik Castrén Institute of International Law and Human Rights was named after Professor Erik Castrén.
The aim of the Institute is to promote research on human rights and new approaches to public international law.
- Anti-terrorism, its problem areas and consequence, full seminar now available on-line
- 9 January 2015: ECI's Annual Report from 2010-2012 is now available online.
- 1 December 2014: Professor Martti Koskenniemi has been awarded with a Gerda Henkel Foundation two grant for the project History and Histories of Islamic International Law and Relations. The project is to be carried out by the researchers Nahed Samour and Janis Grzybowski.
- 26 July 2014: Academy Professor Martti Koskenniemi elected as new Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy
- 8 May 2014: International Law and Religion Working Group Meeting in Rome 5-7 May 2014
- 11 April 2014: Academy Professor Jan Klabbers elected as member of the Finnish Academy of Science (in Finnish)
- 10 April 2014: International Law and Empire Working Group Meeting in Berlin 7-9 April 2014
- 7 April 2014: Academy Professor Martti Koskenniemi appointed as Professorial Fellow at Melbourne Law School
- 1 April 2014: Apply now for Helsinki Summer Seminar on International Law. Topic of the 27th seminar is International Investment Law: Between Public and Private.
- 21 February 2014: New website launched for research project Towards a Credible Ethics for Global Governance
Martti Koskenniemen blogikirjoitus:
28th Helsinki Summer Seminar Territory, Sovereignty and Jurisdiction 17-28 August
More information will soon follow...
On-line lectures and talks
Anti-terrorism, its problem areas and consequence, full seminar now available on-line