COLLeGIUM is a scholarly, open-access journal published by the Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies.
The latest volume is titled Language, Space and Power: Urban Entanglements.
Fabianinkatu 24 (P.O. Box 4)
00014 University of Helsinki
Tel. +358 (0) 9 191 24466
Fax +358 (0) 9 191 24509
Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies is an independent institute within the University of Helsinki. Its aims are:
- to enhance scholarly excellence within humanities and social sciences;
- to endorse dialogue between different academic orientations;
- to provide an innovative environment for concentrated study;
- to encourage theoretical and methodological reflection in research;
- to promote international visibility of Finnish research and interaction between scholars from all over the world.
Interview with Nancy Fraser
Professor Nancy Fraser sees some light at the end of the pitch black tunnel of our contemporary economic and political crisis. Read more of her thoughts on crisis, critical theory and emancipation from our latest newsletter.
EURIAS Calls for Applications
The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS) Fellowship Programme is an international researcher mobility programme offering 10-month residencies in 16 European institutes for advanced study. The call for applications is now open. Read more...
May 20-22 Symposium
The Philosophy of Joseph Margolis
May 29 Collegium Lecture
Professor Nancy Fraser: Can society be commodities all the way down?
Jani Vuolteenaho is an urban geographer who is interested in the politics of naming and symbolic and linguistic aspects of urban spaces and processes. His research focuses on the namescape of Helsinki.