- Extracellular Vesicle
- Flow Cytometry
- Lipidomics Unit
- Molecular Ecology and Systematics Laboratory - MES
- Molecular Interactions
- Viikki Metabolomics Unit
- Biochemistry and Biotechnolgy
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- General Microbiology
- Physiology and Neuroscience
- Plant Biology
Department of Biosciences
P.O. Box 65 (Viikinkaari 1)
00014 University of Helsinki
Extracellular Vesicle - Apogee A50 Micro Flow Cytometer
The Apogee A50- Micro flow cytometry is specifically designed for measuring sub-micron biological particles using different fluorescently labelled probes. With apogee A50 it is possible to analyze particles >100 nm with resolving power <10 nm. The use of Apogee A50 requires some prior concentration estimation of the sample e.g. with nanoparticle tracking analysis (NTA) available in our lab.
The Apogee A50- Micro provides accurate analysis and fluorescence measurements of:
- extracellular vesicles including exosomes
- Two lasers: violet 405 nm and blue 288 nm.
- Three fluorescent detectors for green, orange and red together with two scatter parameters.
- Minimum sample volume 150 µl, max sample volume 400 µl.
- Working range from >100- 25 000 events/s, recommended range 500-10 000 events/s
- Data from Apogee Histogram can be exported to excel format
EV-core Viikki provides micro flow cytometry analysis services.
Minimum charge is 1 h, after which every starting ½ hour is charged. The minimum time includes two sets of control beads and the baseline buffer run. Running one sample takes typically 2-5 minutes followed by 1 minute flushing cycle. The washing steps after samples are stringent and take from 20 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the number and concentration of samples.
Basic solutions and disposables are provided. In case the user is not providing fluorescently labelled probes please contact the unit manager for possibility to use EV-unit’s probes for additional fee.