Oppaat ja ohjeet » Tietoliikenne » HY-VPN-yhteydet
Establishing a VPN connection (Mac)
It is possible to form a secure connection to the Helsinki University network. If you want to use your home drive (Z-drive) remotely, follow these instructions and afterwards read the instructions about Mapping the home drive to a personal computer.
- Downloading Tunnelblick.
- Go to www.helsinki.fi/atk/ohjelmistojakelu and sign in.
- Choose HY-VPN/ > MacOSX/ > HY-VPN.dmg.zip
- Click the HY-VPN.dmg.zip link on the next page. Choose Open with and click OK.
- The file will be downloaded into the Downloads folder. Open the folder and double-click the HY-VPN.dmg file.
Establishing a secure connection.
- Then, open the Desktop and double-click the HY-VPN disk image. Drag the Tunnelblick and openvpn icons to the folders (as shown below).
- Open the Applications folder and click the Tunnelblick icon.
- An icon will appear on the menu bar. Click the icon and choose Connect 'openvpn'.
- The program requests your Helsinki University username and password. After you've entered them the connection is formed.
- In the future you can form a secure connection by repeating the phase no. 2 of these instructions.