Recent publications by our staff
- Innovations and Entrepreneurs in Socialist and Post-Socialist Societies
Nikula, J. & Tchalakov, I.. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2013. 440 p.
- Iz ognya da v polymya: rossiiskaya politika posle SSSR"("Out of the Frying Pan, into the Fire: Russian Politics after the USSR"), Gel'man, V. BHV-Peterburg, 2013.
- Witnessing War, Globalizing Victory: Representations of World War II on the Website Russia Today, Lassila, J. P. In Memory, Conflict and New Media: Web Wars in Post-Socialist States. Rutten, E., Zvereva, V. & Fedor, J. (eds.). Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge, 13 p.
- Memory wars and Reconciliation in the Ukrainian-Polish Borderlands, Zhurzhenko, T. In History, Memory and Politics in Eastern and Central Europe: Memory Games. Mink, G. & Neumayer, L. (eds.). Palgrave Macmillan, p. 173-192, 19 p.
- Russia’s energy relations in Europe and the Far East: towards a social structurationist approach to energy policy formation Kivinen, M. , Aalto, P. K. , Dusseault, D. L. & Kennedy, M. D. In : Journal of International Relations and Development. 16, 29 p.
- Struggle over Identity: The Official and the Alternative "Belarusianness", by Nelly Bekus Zhurzhenko, T. 15.02.2013 In : East European Politics.
- Kikimora Dissertations (Series A)
- Kikimora Studies on Russia and Eastern Europe (Series B)
- Aleksanteri Series
- Aleksanteri Cold War Series
- Aleksanteri Papers
- Publishing Process
- How to submit a book proposal
- Guide for Authors
- Guide for Referees
- Editorial Board
Head of Publishing
tel. +358 9 191 23678
tel. +358 9 191 24175
P.O.Box 42 (Unioninkatu 33)
FI-00014 University of Helsinki
office +358 9 191 24175
fax +358 9 191 23615
aleksanteri [at] helsinki.fi
firstname.lastname [at] helsinki.fi
The Aleksanteri Institute’s academic in-house publisher, Kikimora Publications, specialises in scholarly works pertaining to Russia and Eurasia particularly in the humanities and social sciences. Our four refereed series - Kikimora Dissertations, Kikimora Studies on Russia and Eastern Europe, Aleksanteri Cold War Series and Aleksanteri Series - welcome proposals on dissertations, scientific monographs, textbooks and article compilations. In addition, the Aleksanteri Institute publishes unrefereed works-in-progress, reports, surveys and separate articles in Aleksanteri Papers (online publication).
All manuscripts to these series undergo a thorough double-blind peer review process. In order to start the process of submitting your work to our publication house, please take a moment to read the instructions through carefully. Kikimora Publications will offer you wholehearted assistance in managing, editing and marketing the publication, as well as overseeing the entire project from the manuscript phase to the finished book.
Since 1997, the Kikimora Publications has released over 80 monographs and anthologies. The books are available for purchase at the Aleksanteri Institute (download a complete list of publications on sale, pdf) and book store Ruslania.
Latest in Kikimora
Kikimora Publications A23 (2012)
A summary available in Russian