Agriculture and Natural Resources
Collections in Agriculture
Institutions in Agriculture
Publications in Agriculture
- AgEcon Search: Research in Agricultural and Applied Economics is designed to index and electronically distribute full text reports of scholarly research in the field of agricultural and applied economics.
- FAOSTAT - Statistical Database Gateway. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has a computerized World Agricultural Information Centre (WAICENT) providing access to FAO's vast library of information on agriculture, fisheries, forestry, nutrition and rural development.
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) is a collaborative effort to enhance the dissemination of research in economics. The heart of the project is a decentralized database of working papers, journal articles and software components. All RePEc material is freely available.
- NEP in Agricultural Economics is a part of an announcement service which filters information on new releases of working papers into edited reports. These reports are generated by subject-specific editors and are circulated via email. The goal of the NEP project and the associated announcement lists is to provide subscribers with up-to-date information on new additions to the research literature.
- An index of Agriculture related Working Paper information is found via ideasQ
Data in Agriculture
- US State Fact Sheets ERS, US Dept of Agriculture. The State Fact Sheets provide the most recently available farm and rural data compiled by the Economic Research Service (ERS), USDA. The State Fact Sheets provide 2 pages of facts for each state and also a summary fact sheet for the United States.Included are data on population, jobs, income and poverty, and farms.The data comes from a variety of sources including the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, the Bureau of the Census, and ERS.
Communication in Agriculture
Collections in Environment
- Natural Resources Research Information Pages is a collection of links to natural resources (including forestry, wildlife, parks and protected areas, nature conservation, etc.) institutions, agencies, online catalogs, literature and research news.
- International Arid Lands Consortium is an independent, nonprofit research organization supporting ecological sustainability in arid and semiarid lands worldwide. The site includes information about jobs, conferences, workshops, publications and news of interest to arid lands researchers, natural resources managers and policy makers, lists of arid lands web sites, directory of arid lands researchers at IALC Member institutionsa and current research projects.
- WWW Virtual Library in Forestry includes categories from Afforestation to Wood & Woodworking and two independent sub-sections. One for Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding and another for Forest Soils and Substrates.
- Centre for Economic Social Studies for the Environment from Univ. of Brussels, Belgium does research on sustainable development indicators, socio-economic aspects of the environment, and related information systems. Links to sites on environment and pollution, growth and economic development, general and industrial economics, energy, costs-benefit analyses, depollution, impact assesment, environmental externalities, databases. The site includes a listing of the Best environmental directories and the WWW Virtual Library in Sustainable Development
- The Environmental Organization WebDirectory contains a listing of Web sources in category Business and Environmental Economics.
Institutions in Environment
- Resources for the Future conducts basic and applied economic research and policy analysis to help people understand and make better decisions about the conservation and use of natural and environmental resources.
Publications in Environment
- The Global Warming International Center publishes the World Resource Review (WRR), which is an international refereed journal devoted wholly to scientific and policy studies of Global Warming, World Resource Management, and Global Change.
- Ambio is a nonprofit publication of the human environment published by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. AMBIO addresses the scientific, social, economic, and cultural factors that influence the condition of the human environment.
Communication in Environment
Courses in Environment
- Oil OnLine, based in Houston, Texas, is a service where you can check stocks, access late breaking industry news, view rig counts, research industry data, etc.
- PIENet - Australian Primary Industries and Energy Network from Department of Primary Industries and Energy, Australia. PIENet is the main entry point to electronic information provided by DPIE, portfolio organisations and associated agencies on australian agriculture, economic research, energy, environment, fisheries, forestry, geoscience, and quarantine. PIENet also contains a comprehensive catalogue of Australian electronic information on primary and resource industries.
Copyright © 1994-2007