Labor and Demographics
Labor and Demographics Collections
- WWW Virtual Library in Labour History is maintained by the International Institute of Social History.
- Guide to Labor Oriented Internet Resources collected and organized by subject by the Institute of Industrial Relations Library, University of California, Berkeley, USA. The site includes labor unions, international organizations, labor studies programs and labor libraries.
- The Labour Economics Gateway. Jacques Brosius collects resources on the Internet that are of interest to labour economists.
- workindex is a linklist to workplace-related Web sites on the Internet. Workindex.com is produced by the publishers of Human Resource Executive magazine, in cooperation with Cornell University's School of Industrial Labor Relations.
- wages.com.au aims to provide you with easy access to information concerning up to date wages and other material relating to industrial relations.
- The Program in Labor Studies at The George Washington University has set up a page, GWU Program in Labor Studies Labor Links, with links to sites that address general labor economics issues and selected policy issues including affirmative action, child care and welfare reform.
Labor and Demographics Institutions
- The theme of the Canadian International Labour Network's research is "Labour Market Institutions and Outcomes: A Cross-National Study". Its investigations will focus on the effects of labour-market laws and institutions on labour-market outcomes.
- Center for Demography and Ecology from University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA, includes information on the center's working papers, data library, and other resources.
- NIDI - Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute is engaged in the study of population. NIDI research is characterized by its interdisciplinary approach and international orientation. The Institute's pages contain The World Wide Web of Demography, an overview of demographic resources on the World Wide Web. The site includes also links to demographic research institutes and organizations, address lists, information resources, literature, conferences, software and data.
Labor and Demographics Publications
- International Labour Organization (ILO) publishes the International Labour Review that combines a global view with the results of analysis by economists, lawyers, sociologists, policy-makers and other experts on the many factors determining the level, quality and distribution of employment.
- Human Development Reports by the United Nations Development Programme contain analyses of major issues and updated Human Development Indicators that compare the relative levels of human development of over 175 countries.
- Population Index on the Web from Princeton University, published since 1935, is a reference tool to the world's population literature. Population Index is the primary reference tool to the world's population literature. It presents an annotated bibliography of recently published books, journal articles, working papers, and other materials on population topics. This website provides a searchable and browsable database containing 46,035 abstracts of demographic literature published in Population Index in the period 1986-2000.
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) is a collaborative effort to enhance the dissemination of research in economics. The heart of the project is a decentralized database of working papers, journal articles and software components. All RePEc material is freely available.
- NEP in Labor Economics is a part of an announcement service which filters information on new releases of working papers into edited reports. These reports are generated by subject-specific editors and are circulated via email. The goal of the NEP project and the associated announcement lists is to provide subscribers with up-to-date information on new additions to the research literature.
- An index of Labor and Demographics related Working Paper information is found via ideasJ
- EconWPA hosts Working Papers in Labor and Demographics for Economists
Labor and Demographics Data
- USA Demographic Data Viewer from SEDAC & CIESIN. The DDViewer allows the user to create maps at a multitude of geographic resolutions.
Labor and Demographics Communication
Copyright © 1994-2007