International Economics and Affairs
International Economics Collections
- The WWW Virtual Library: International Affairs Resources presents annotated links in international affairs topics. Sites are chosen because of long-term value, and are described in general terms. The listed services are gateway sites, have internal search engines, or are content-rich.
- ISN - International Relations and Security Network - is an electronic clearinghouse for resources and institutions in the field of international relations and security studies. It is run by the Center for Security Policy and Conflict Research at the ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- Canadian Institute of International Affairs lists Links to Other Sites on International Relations (conferences, government, international law, non-governmental organizations, journals, magazines, news, discussion lists, libraries and databases).
International Economics Institutions
International Economics Publications
- The annual Global Competitiveness Report is a research and publishing activity of the World Economic Forum. The core of the report is a ranking of the world's largest economies based on their competitiveness with an analysis of their comparative strengths and weaknesses.
- Country Studies and Area Handbooks is a continuing series of books prepared by the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress under the Country Studies/Area Handbook Program. Most books in the series deal with a particular foreign country, describing and analyzing its political, economic, social, and national security systems and institutions.
- UNCTAD (The secretariat of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) prepares a number of studies, analyses and reports on diverse aspects of international economic relations: trade, finance,investment, technology, globalization, growth and development. Most documents can be viewed in full text form in English.
- Numeric Data for UN Information is gathered at Yale University.
International Economics News
See also news sources in General Economics
International Economics Communication
International Economics Courses
International Trade Collections
International Trade Institutions
International Trade Publications
- NEP in International Economics (see related NEP-categories) are a part of an announcement service which filters information on new releases of working papers into edited reports. These reports are generated by subject-specific editors and are circulated via email. The goal of the NEP project and the associated announcement lists is to provide subscribers with up-to-date information on new additions to the research literature.
- An index of International Economics related Working Paper information is found via ideasF
- EconWPA stores electronic Working Papers in International Trade
International Trade Data
- Global Trade Negotiations Home Page maintained at Harvard University's Center for International Development, is a repository of information, analysis and research on all aspects of the international trading system.
- WashLawWeb provides users with links to law-related materials on the Internet. The information is arranged by subject, by geographic location, and alphabetically. Many pages have full text searching of local as well as distant resources. Washburn University School of Law also hosts a large number of law-related Listserv discussion groups. Users can access the archives of those listservs, as well as other legal discussion groups and mailing lists at this web site.
- The Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts hosts the Multilaterals Project which is an ongoing project to make available the texts of international multilateral conventions and other instruments.
- International Trade and Commercial Law Monitor compiled by University of Tromsø, University of Oslo, Norway, and Pace University School of Law, White Plains NY, USA.
- SICE: Foreign Trade Information System of the OAS provides full-text of trade agreements, investment treaties, and trade regulations and data provided by the countries of the Western Hemisphere and the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) process.
- World Wide Web Virtual Library: European Integration History Index
- EuroInternet - Information Resources Related to European Integration on the Internet - is maintained by M. Nentwich.
- European Economic Integration Homepage presents a starting point to researchers on European economic integration. It may be seen as a basic electronic archive of researcher web-sites, publications, homepages, course outlines, etc. related to the EEI. A special part of the page is dedicated to a list of publications on possible international effects of the introduction of the euro in EU countries.
International Business and International Factor Movements
- globalEDGE is an index of international business, marketing, trade resources on the WWW. It does not include commercial sites. It is maintained by the Michigan State University - Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
- The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Migration and Ethnic Relations is a collection of links to major Internet resources in the field of migration and ethnic relations.
- Foreign currency information on the Internet is collected by Institute of Finance and Banking at the University of Göttingen.
- The Sydney Theoretical Research Institute provides (with full abstracts) literature on exchange rate target zones. The site includes a browsable and searchable WWW engine. It is designed to act as a central repository for work on exchange rate target zones.
International Organizations: Collections
- Official Web Site Locator for the UNITED NATIONS System of Organizations
- UN Department of Public Information
- United Nations Scholars Workstation Yale University, USA, provides a collection of digitized texts, finding aids, data sets, maps, and pointers to print and electronic information. Subject coverage includes disarmament, economic and social development, environment, human rights, international relations, international trade, peacekeeping, and population and demography.
Copyright © 1994-2007