Collections of Publishers
- Economic Journals on the Web
- The World Wide Web Virtual Library of Electronic Journals provides links to the world's electronic journals.
- ELSSS, the ELectronic Society for Social Scientists is a not-for-profit organisation committed to: Increase competition in the academic journal publishing marketplace by providing direct and credible alternatives to specific high-priced journals; Introduce a fairer and more efficient way of producing, distributing, and using academic journals whereby the system that currently produces large rents being earned by some commercial publishers is replaced by a mechanism that yields lowest-cost access and widest dissemination by rewarding only those individuals who contribute to making high-quality journals, namely, authors, referees, and editors - with substantial savings for libraries and the academic and student community.
- Register of Leading Social Science Electronic Journals
Economics Working Paper Archives and Collections
- RFE information on working papers
- Economics Working Papers Archive is devoted to the free distribution of working papers in economics. There are 22 subject areas, along with a posting area, a meetings area, an area for programs and an area for data.
- The Elsevier Handbooks in Economics series website provides detailed tables of contents as well as introductions.
- McKinsey Quarterly is a pdf library of articles and research. The site is free of charge but registration is required.
Other Economics and Publishing Related Information
- REGARD is a searchable bibliographic database funded by ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council) containing in-depth information on UK social science research. It is publicly available on the World Wide Web without subscription and uses keyword searching for maximum ease of use.
- The Historical Text Archive by Don Mabry originated in 1990 in response to the need of historians to have an electronic storage and retrieval site and to demonstrate the advantages of such sites for the study and teaching of history. The HTA provides original material, links to other sites, and electronic reprints of books and is organized by geography/nations and topics.
- Science Direct provides access to browse tables of contents and article abstracts from 175 Academic Press journals in more than 30 subject disciplines. Full text to subscribers.
- Library Information Servers via WWW are listed in LibWeb
Copyright © 1994-2007
Last edit on: